Sunday, May 1, 2011

Harvest Party

On Friday, our harvest crew went on a boat ride (booze cruise) through the Marlborough Sounds. While going through my photos and videos the following day, I found this gem - a video of Bruno:

While we're on the topic of Bruno, he is one of the few people I've met that I can't look at without laughing. I will never understand how he managed to make it all the way to New Zealand, get a job, and get to work every day. He was the only person missing when we all got on the bus to go to the ferry station, so we drove up and down the main street of Blenheim looking for him and found him running along the side of the road. Supposedly, he waved down another bus that went by but they refused to stop for him.

Earlier this harvest, Bruno was trying to make conversation with one of the French girls we work with. He was trying to say "I'm tired because I slept a lot" but instead said "I'm tired of sleeping alone." The French girl was initially appalled, but then after some consideration told him that if he would shave his beard they could probably work something out. Who knows where Bruno is going to end up after this harvest - he thinks he might follow his current girlfriend (of one month) back to her homeland of the Czech Republic.

Also, is it just me, or does my english suddenly seem bad enough to not be my native tongue?

2 comments:

  1. LOL. OMG, I am part of Hillary Woolley blogspot, I never thought this, is good to be in the memories (or ciberdiaries) of someone, even if she start it saying "....He is one of the few people I've met that I can't look at without laughing". I feel proud for made you laugh and therefore enjoyed, even if was for my bad management of time and place to got to the harvest party. But, I have to tell something in my defence, even with my bad english, I didn't have any "big" problem in my trip (lol), just fun experiences and embarrassing situations that have become in famous stories in these part of the world, like "I'm tired of sleeping alone." LOL. After harvest I went to travel around south east Asia with my girlfriend and was awesome, I visited some places that Hillary described very well, and some other more that make me feel with energy to come back some day. Now I'm back in Chile, my beautiful country, a bit bored after this big trip, but with lot of energy. A big hug for you Hillary, I hope that you are alright. I like your blogspot, your post are fun and remind me some own experiences, I will read more of your post. Have a good days and see you in some part of the world. Bye.

    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruno!!!! Te extraño muchisimo - un beso

    ReplyDelete