Thursday, July 14, 2011

The end of Bali

Some things I forgot to mention in my previous Bali blog about why I like it so much:

- Instead of believing that gods are simply good, they have good and evil gods and strive to achieve a level of harmony. They accept that you cannot have joy without sorrow and acknowledge that many things in life aren't black and white but a balance between the two. It seems so optimistic to me to embrace even the negative aspects of your day-to-day life.
- The bike ride I went on was ALL downhill. I literally just sat on a bike for an afternoon and rode downhill. Maybe it doesn't qualify as exercise, but it definitely qualifies as awesome.
- Our cab drivers were consistently super nice and interesting and remarkably well self-educated (except for the guy who asked us if black people's hair grew in dreadlocks).

So, now that I'm back at my grandpa's house in Chiang Mai and reunited with my laptop, I was able to upload the video I took on our trip. Here are some Balinese highlights:

No comments:

Post a Comment