Thursday, July 28, 2011

Grammy

I'm back in Petaluma for the first day and I already have some awesome Grammy quotes for you:

Grammy: "Well, yesterday I ran down to Grocery Outlet, and then ran all the way back. Well, walked and ran."
Me: "Wait, you actually RAN, like on a run?"
Grammy: "Yeah, I bought ice cream and it would have melted if I walked all the way back."
Me: "Sorry, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this visual of you and Daisy carrying a bunch of ice cream and running back from Grocery Outlet."
Grammy: "And today this homeless man was walking by and he was admiring Daisy and I ended up talking to him for like thirty minutes about his life and what he does"
Me: "And how was that? Boring?"
Grammy: "No, he's homeless. Like, he doesn't have a home. Well, he has a home down in San Jose, but he's homeless up here. He's like homeless here, and he really liked Daisy. And I, just, I found it interesting that he was hoooomeless, he looked homeless, he had this big dangling earring, and scraggly hair and a plastic bag on his back, and he was obviously homeless. (Laughs) Yeah, and he admired my buddha that I had out front. The homeless always admire my buddha. The one someone tried to steal and dropped and the head fell off?"
(long pause)
Grammy: "I'm gonna go in my room and pray, so she can't come in either." (points at Daisy, closes door)

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment